Notations of a different kind
Cut Free Since: 16.06.11
Last Suicide Attempt: 01.10.11
People Matter. If you need help, I'll be there for you no matter what. You Are Beautiful. You Are Important. You Deserve To Smile. Don't be another statistic. It will get better, I promise. I do not promote self-harm or mental disorders.
"Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength."
G.D Anderson (via fawcettstudent)
I really love this quote. And I think it is very useful when thinking about female characters in media.
The idea that we need to “make women stronger” is exactly the problem with the “Strong Female Character” trope.This idea that every single lady in a film must be a gun wielding, kung fu master assassin bad ass with a bow and arrow is fundamentally flawed.
Because, yes, we do need more female characters who can kick ass and take names.
But we also need narratives that focus on and empower female characters who are strong in other ways. You don’t need to make a dragon infested castle explode to be an empowered and empowering female character.
- Me: I'll sleep early tonight and get a good 8 hours
- Me: *watches entire season of tv show*
- Me: *reads every book i own*
- Me: *goes on quest to find the holy grail*
- daily reminder: the more calories you eat the faster your body can fix itself
- daily reminder: if you're not recovering from your eating disorder you're dying from it
- daily reminder: numbers can not measure your worth
- daily reminder: food tastes way better than skinny feels
- daily reminder: love and appreciate your body because its the only one you have
- daily reminder: accept the things you can not change
- daily reminder: recovery ends in self love
- daily reminder: treat yo self